DeLand, FL - The next COVID-19 vaccination event in Volusia County is scheduled for this Thursday and Friday, February 4th and 5th, from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at the Volusia County Fairgrounds. Registration opens on Wednesday, February 3rd at 9 a.m.
Registration is being done through the eventbrite.com website. If you don't have a computer, would prefer to try to schedule an appointment over the phone, or for questions you can call 866-345-0345. The County reminds people that either way will likely see delays in getting through on the website or over the phone.
As per Governor Ron DeSantis's order, vaccinations are limited to those 65 years of age and older. Per the public health advisory issued by State Surgeon General Scott Rivkees COVID-19 vaccine sites hosted by the County of Volusia and Florida Department of Health in Volusia County will require proof of Florida state residency.
Individuals will be required to complete a screening and consent form prior to receiving a vaccination. Individuals who have had any other vaccinations in the previous 14 days or tested positive for COVID-19 in the previous 10 days do not qualify for the vaccine. For the full list of screening questions that may disqualify an individual from vaccine eligibility, review section two of the form available at volusiahealth.com/shots.
From a Volusia County press release:
Who: County of Volusia/Department of Health-Volusia County
What: COVID-19 vaccine event
Where: Volusia County Fairgrounds, 3150 E. New York Ave., DeLand (entrance off Prevatt Avenue)
When: Thursday and Friday, Feb. 4 and 5
Who qualifies: Individuals 65 years and older and are Florida residents, as set forth in Florida Statute 381.986(5)(b).
• Only the Moderna vaccine will be offered.
• 1,150 registrations available each day, and appointments are required.
• Registration opens 9 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 3; register online at countyofvolusia.eventbrite.com or call 866-345-0345.
• Registrants are required to complete a screening and consent form prior to receiving a vaccination; visit volusiahealth.com/shots to review and print forms.
• DOH-Volusia will return to this location in 28 days to offer the second dose to those who are due. Those who receive a vaccination should return to the site during the same appointment timeframe as their first appointment in 28 days for their second dose. When returning to the site, DOH-Volusia will only offer the second dose of the vaccine.
• For questions specific to the Fairgrounds vaccination event, including information on upcoming appointments, call 866-345-0345 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• For general clinical questions (not for vaccination appointments), call the Florida Department of Health at 386-274-0500 and press # for coronavirus information.
• For information on specific medical conditions that may affect an individual’s ability to get this vaccine, visit modernatx.com/covid19vaccine-