Man Charged In Bulow Plantation Burglary - FCSO Says Could Be More

Posted

Flagler Beach, FL - A 56-year-old man is charged with Burglary During a State of Emergency and Criminal Mischief. Mark Jacobs is identified as the suspect in an attempted burglary last week in Bulow Plantation.  The homeowner had security footage from July 9 showing a man walking up her stairs wearing a long sleeve shirt pulled past his hands and covering his face with his arm. After viewing the footage, deputies recognized Jacobs from previous encounters. They were already investigating other burglaries in the area.

Investigators contacted Jacobs' parents who reviewed the video and identified the suspect as their son.  Deputies say the parents were not surprised by the behavior and told deputies that their son has a drug issue.

Deputies then made contact with Jacobs, informing him of the burglaries they were investigating and that he was the suspect in at least one of them. Jacobs refused to speak to them without an attorney present.

“This is the neighbor from hell who is willing to damage and break into his neighbor’s property in order to steal to feed his drug habit,” Sheriff Rick Staly said. “Doing so while we are all going through this State of Emergency just enhances his charges. I am hopeful he gets treatment for his addiction. Additional charges are possible as we continue to investigate the other burglaries.”

Jacobs is charged with Burglary During a State of Emergency, Burglary of an Unoccupied Structure, Petty Theft, and Criminal Mischief.  His bond is set at $9,000.

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment