DeLand, FL - The Volusia County School District and Volusia United Educators are in agreement regarding the Teacher Salary Allocation. The agreement comes after two months of bargaining and a declaration of impasse by the district on November 17.
Volusia United Educators President Elizabeth Albert said that she's happy knowing that teachers can go on winter break with the knowledge that the negotiations are complete
In a press release today (December 18), the district gave information on the agreement:
- The minimum teacher salary will be increased to $44,335.
- All teachers will receive a minimum of a 2.5% salary increase. Eligible teachers will receive longevity bonus in addition to the salary increase based on the previous MOU which will be included in the January 29, 2021 paycheck.
- Salary increases will be retroactive to July 1, 2020.
- The ratification process will take place in the beginning of January. Notice will be provided.
- The agreement will go before the Volusia County School Board on January 12, 2021 for approval to submit to the Florida Department of Education.
- Once final approval is given from the Florida Department of Education, funds will be released to the district for distribution.
The press release went on to say that the agreement "honors the original contract language agreed upon on April 4, 2019 and reflects a commitment to making salaries a budget priority. "
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here