DeLand, FL - Registration opens at 9 a.m. tomorrow, Monday, February 8, for the next COVID-19 vaccine events at the Volusia County Fairgrounds, 3150 E. New York Ave., DeLand, this week. Vaccination appointments will be available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, Feb. 9 and 11. The County of Volusia/Department of Health-Volusia County say there are 1,000 appointments available each day. The events are for Florida residents age 65 and older.
The site will operate as a drive-up site and pre-registration is required. Only the Moderna vaccine will be provided at this site. Appointments are required and must be made online at www.countyofvolusia.
Who: County of Volusia/Department of Health-Volusia County
What: COVID-19 vaccine event
Where: Volusia County Fairgrounds, 3150 E. New York Ave., DeLand (entrance off Prevatt Avenue)
When: Tuesday and Thursday, Feb. 9 and 11
Who qualifies: Individuals 65 years and older and are Florida residents, as set forth in Florida Statute 381.986(5)(b).
• Only the Moderna vaccine will be offered.
• 1,000 registrations available each day, and appointments are required.
• Registration opens 9 a.m. Monday, Feb. 8; register online at countyofvolusia.eventbrite.com or call 866-345-0345.
• Registrants are required to complete a screening and consent form prior to receiving a vaccination; visit volusiahealth.com/shots to review and print forms.
• DOH-Volusia will return to this location in 28 days to offer the second dose to those who are due. Those who receive a vaccination should return to the site during the same appointment timeframe as their first appointment in 28 days for their second dose. When returning to the site, DOH-Volusia will only offer the second dose of the vaccine.
• For questions specific to the Fairgrounds vaccination event, including information on upcoming appointments, call 866-345-0345 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• For general clinical questions (not for vaccination appointments), call the Florida Department of Health at 386-274-0500 and press # for coronavirus information.
• For information on specific medical conditions that may affect an individual’s ability to get this vaccine, visit modernatx.com/covid19vaccine-