DeLand, FL - Volusia County Government is canceling programs, clinics and meetings through at least the end of March and possibly longer due to the coronavirus.
Programs at the Marine Science Center, Explore Volusia and Lyonia Environmental Center, the University of Florida/Volusia County Extension and libraries are canceled through April 1.
County Advisory, Authority, Board, Commission, and Council meetings are canceled through the end of March.
The following meetings have been canceled:
· The March 18 Local Mitigation Strategy meeting
· The March 18 Code Enforcement Board meeting
· The March 18 Development Review Committee meeting
· The March 19 meeting of the Planning and Land Development
· The March 18 West Volusia Tourism Advertising Authority board
· The March 20 Library Advisory Board meeting
· The March 24 Historic Preservation Board meeting
· The March 25 Volusia Growth Management Commission meeting
· The March 27 meeting of the Cultural Council
Volusia County Water Utility is suspending service disconnections for nonpayment and will not charge late fees until further notice.
Onsite visitation at the Volusia County Branch Jail and Correctional Facility are suspended. This includes all professional visitors, including attorneys. Friends and family will still be able to visit using the remote off-site option. The remote off-site video visitation fee will be waived once a day per visitor.
For more information about program cancellations, visit volusia.org/cancellations