DeLand, FL - The Summer Food Service Program in Volusia County gets underway tomorrow. The Human Services Office sponsors the program that runs through August 14 and provides free breakfast and lunch meals for children ages 18 and under.
Because of coronavirus concerns, the first two weeks of the program will feature grab-and-go meals at 12 sites. From May 18 to the 29, except for Memorial Day on May 25, parents are to pick up meals in the sites' parking lots. Volunteers will give them breakfast and lunch for each child in the car. They won't be providing meals for any children not in the car.
Here are the grab-and-go sites:
- Daytona Beach Regional Library, 105 E. Magnolia Ave., Daytona Beach: 10 a.m. to noon
- Palmetto Park Neighborhood Center, 450 Whitney St., Daytona Beach: 10 a.m. to noon
- Salvation Army, 1555 LPGA Blvd., Daytona Beach: 9 to 11 a.m.
- DeLand Regional Library, 130 E. Howry Ave., DeLand: 10 a.m. to noon
- Deltona Regional Library, 2150 Eustace Ave., Deltona: 10 a.m. to noon
- Lake Helen Public Library, 221 N. Euclid Ave., Lake Helen: 10 a.m. to noon
- New Smyrna Housing Community Resource Center, 600 Greenlawn St., New Smyrna Beach: 10 a.m. to noon
- New Smyrna Beach Regional Library, 1001 S. Dixie Freeway, New Smyrna Beach: 10 a.m. to noon
- Michael J. Crotty Bicentennial Park, 1800 Ocean Shore Blvd., Ormond Beach: 9 a.m. to noon
- Little Feet Academy, 250-A N. U.S. Hwy. 1, Ormond Beach: 9 a.m. to noon
- Ormond Beach Regional Library, 30 S. Beach St., Ormond Beach: 10 a.m. to noon
- Pierson Public Library, 115 N. Volusia Ave., Pierson: 10 a.m. to noon
Beginning June 1, about 60 sites will offer meals through August 14, either onsite or with drive-through pickup. That list will be released this coming week.
For more information, call Volusia County’s Human Services Office at 386-736-5956, ext. 12980 or 12984.